Back Issues of The Chalkhills Digest: Volume 11
Chalkhills, Volume 11, 6 January 2005 - 31 December 2005
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 73, 31 December 2005:
- RE: puffyamiyumifish
- XTC Vs. Cracker
- my top 10 albums of 2005
- Andy interview on BBC Radio Swindon
- Fruits fallen from God's garden
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 72, 24 December 2005:
- He rook so dleamy, I'm in rove from afal!
- Where Oranges Dribble
- Re: Joining A Fan Club
- RE: SNMNMNM
- I learned that word from Howard Stern, honest
- Re: Joining a Fanclub
- rare 10inch ????
- Looking for footprints..
- Thanks for Christmas
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 71, 20 December 2005:
- my two cents
- Top ALBUM
- Re: Warbles
- Saturday Social Countdown to XTC Party Time
- New Songs and SNMNMNM
- words etc
- Joining A Fan Club
- Dear Fire!
- Trombone d'Or
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 70, 17 December 2005:
- Re: Best of 2005
- Owl-Stretching Time
- Only words?
- More Downloads
- Albums of the Year
- Ordinary people (again)
- re: ordinary people
- Cupola Responses
- Re: Ding!
- "Best Of" Lists
- top albums of 2005
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 69, 15 December 2005:
- Only Words.
- Ordinary People
- Best Of This Year / Compliations (NonXTC)
- Where did the good songs go??
- Andy's "faith"
- ....so i went to a funeral in swindon...
- Best CDs of 2005!
- Albums For 2005
- Fuzzzy Warble question
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 68, 10 December 2005:
- Where Did Where Did Go?
- well, I guess you're having a killer time?
- Re: Ordinary People
- The Compact XTC/Where Did the Ordinary People Go?
- Re: No Jesus, No Peace
- re: Thanks For Christmas
- Paul's top raves for frilly faves
- Michael's Picks of 2005 - for what it's worth...
- Re: Michael's Picks of 2005 - for what it's worth...
- Barry and Andy again / Other iTunes album of interest
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 67, 7 December 2005:
- Apple Bite
- credit where credit is due
- Got Shafted!
- XTC Finally (!) on iTunes U.S.A.
- New XTC on iTunes!
- iTunes Store USA
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 66, 5 December 2005:
- Time Out London
- Apple Bite
- Fox Pass
- Wallpaper and squashed silver frogs
- Melt the Guns (really)
- Gee, thanks (no, wait, it's in C)
- For the Rhyming-Challenged...
- 2005 Favorites
- Spiral Rhyme Scheme Thesis Revision
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 65, 29 November 2005:
- Re: Wallpaper
- A Word to the wise
- Wash away
- cover pic
- Aerial Uffington
- New Songs / Rhymes / Kate / More Songs
- Another Word to the wise
- That Whole Washing Machine Thing And Other Smutty Stories
- new guy intro; just got LP copies of Mummer & 25 O'Clock
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 64, 25 November 2005:
- XTC, Kate, Gaffa and Cormorant
- Put Me On Again
- re: XTC fan on "Television without Pity"?
- A little Trainspotting in Austin.
- Well, paper my wall with a peacock feather!
- Re: XTC and Kate
- The PartridgeBot 2000
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 63, 19 November 2005:
- Not Lame is Not Cheaper
- XTC and Kate
- Re: those 2 new XTC tracks
- So I spiral down to the Post Box
- XTC fan on "Television without Pity"?
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 62, 11 November 2005:
- "Spiral" on the radio!
- Re: New Songs on the Box
- Andy on BBC 6 Music
- Partridge radio interview next week
- Andy Partridge on Radio 2 in the UK Tuesday (15/11)
- Ha Ha! An Actual XTC Review!
- Cheaper APPLE??? Who's Bite is This?
- Re: Ogres have layers
- Sea / Sky of Honey
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 61, 8 November 2005:
- New Songs on the Box
- Google print gems
- The Altercation Which Led to My Ignoble Suspension as a Wikipedia Editor
- XTC Lyrics Quiz Correct Answers Now Online
- The Walrus Name Checks
- Kate Bush
- Free Spiral AND Say It downloads!
- Anticipating APPLE Bites!!
- New Singles?
- Feathers & Apples
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 60, 2 November 2005:
- Sound guy
- Jim parades a toy
- Sunday Times
- 4 disc XTC bootleg DVD on ebay !
- Say It
- New Ones = XTC Circa 2005
- Apple Box!
- Maybe a bit early to be "decking the halls", but...
- Free Spiral!
- Of course the Apple Box is worth every pound & penny...
- Captain Pug-Walsh
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 59, 26 October 2005:
- The Chalkhills are alive, with the sound of music
- shriekback - care lp
- Duffy's Payin' Them Bills
- Re: A Theory
- Dear God in the charts
- Re: wikipedia entry
- On the Threshhold of APPLE VENUS, The Complete Story and Sessions
- Uncylopedia XTC Free!
- Addendum: Why, oh Wiki?
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 58, 25 October 2005:
- A Theory?
- Re: XTC Lyrics Test
- It's Friday, it's 5 to 5, and it's...
- The Dutch XTC
- Dukes gig got moved.
- Re: the B*****s vs. g**s
- XTC Geek List
- MCartney, The Apple Box, Value For Money and Mortality
- Holy Halloween, it's the Harridans!!
- Why, oh Wiki?
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 57, 19 October 2005:
- Re: Gentle advice
- Re: Historical perspective
- English Tea
- Re: Voice o' Experience
- Haiku for Danny Phipps (in 3 parts)
- RE: Demands
- The Meeting Place - more raves
- Because he CAN, that's why...
- XTC Lyrics Test
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 56, 16 October 2005:
- Gentle Advice
- something new??
- Historical Perspective
- The Swindon Gathering
- JS liner notes by AP
- Lillywhite Promoted!
- Hot Dogs
- Somerset On The Radio
- A Bit of Self Publicity
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 55, 8 October 2005:
- Future dogs
- meeting place thank you's
- Apple Box extra tracks
- Fifth Cullum
- el caballo Uffington
- The Apple Box
- Bobbing for Apples, for want of a bob, the horse... oh, sod it...
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 54, 3 October 2005:
- re: The Jazz Dwarf
- Re: "Isn't it pathetic at his age?"
- taboo topics
- re cull'em
- from my big fat plastic japanese cordless phone
- That's the way I feel now
- Two more eBay-enhanced items for your delectation
- Settle my english!
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 53, 29 September 2005:
- "Isn't it pathetic at his age?"
- Macca, SFA, Antheap, Budd
- XTC 1989 Convention Interview tape -- eBay item
- All Along The Watchtower!
- There must be some kinda way outta here
- Through the Hill
- Re: English Tea
- Cull 'Em
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 52, 27 September 2005:
- I Like That
- Apple Box
- ever seen these?
- Macca Plans For Nigel
- My Random "De-lurking"
- Through The Hill
- We have a name, we have a website, we have a gig!
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 51, 23 September 2005:
- Barry Andrews and Andy Partridge
- ..to Mr Partridge
- Crossword Puzzle Clue
- Re: Why We Fight
- "Children of Nuggets"
- new XTC songs!
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 50, 16 September 2005:
- Jamie Cullum + Andy Partridge = ???
- Why We Fight
- Re: Jamie Cullum + Andy Partridge = ???
- No one available?
- A pilgrimage to Macca
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 49, 12 September 2005:
- sir Macca
- the next XTC record
- re: white stripes
- re: since the topic doesn't seem closed after all ...
- Why didn't I think of this?
- I'd like it to be phat
- RE: Guns, gas, George and other Nasty Habits
- Nice tune with an Andy influence - or not. Still, a nice tune.
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 48, 7 September 2005:
- Re: Perspective
- guns, gas, and George
- RE: Here Comes the Sun
- a simple question ...
- The Meeting Place 2005 - *Gathering Update*
- Since the topic doesn't seem closed after all...
- White stripes
- King For A Day (I Dub Thee Sir Mix)
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 47, 31 August 2005:
- Guess this is the end of the pier.
- Here comes the sun
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 46, 24 August 2005:
- where I get off
- Dom Said What?
- A shot in the dark
- No, really, melt them down
- Wikipedia and An Alternate Apple Venus
- And I don't want to see your Mooney Mooney face
- Historical question
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 45, 20 August 2005:
- Why Art Is Anti-American.
- Axis Anyday
- You'll gather your senses, I'm sure.
- Re: Pub Lick Can
- Weirdness Afoot!
- Re: Brian Wilson
- Remastered DVD bittorrent for XTC Gaston Hall concert, 1980. Now available
- More still...
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 44, 16 August 2005:
- I'm Going to Disney Land
- Axis Mundi
- Re: Axis Mundi
- Great Listening
- XTC DVD?
- Fuck Art, Let's Dance
- Uffington Horse Curiosity
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 43, 11 August 2005:
- Re: Jammin' wif Andy
- Melt The Goons
- nits for the picking
- Bad apples affecting the pure
- Hair-splitting Update
- Brian Wilson show
- XTC *live* across the web!
- Dead Horse.
- Andy P Interview
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 42, 9 August 2005:
- Re: Pop Politics
- The Return of the Sorely Missed Chocolate Brown Ass-Pants
- Naming Names
- meet the new boss
- Surface Songwriting and 'These People'
- POP GO THE KAB!
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 41, 5 August 2005:
- Andy Partridge Sings
- Some Such
- Re: Pop Politics
- A World Wrapped In Grey
- Good Old King Coal rocked my soul
- Newly crowned.....
- Re: Your Private Book
- "Just sweet pop music?" Not really...
- RE: Time signatures
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 40, 2 August 2005:
- Compound Time
- Slice My Bars
- Simon says
- RE: Nonsuch / Nonesuch / Pudenda - John Morrish posting
- Mixing pop and politics, he asks me what the use is
- FROM RINGO TO ZAPPA IN 4/4 TIME
- If anybody's interested...
- Re: Heavy
- Steve Somerset article - (XTC/Dukes content!)
- Announcing: www.PURPLEBURT.com
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 39, 28 July 2005:
- Re: Fifth notes
- Piggy in the Middle
- Re: nonsuch/nonesuch
- tacky vs tasteful
- Re: Nancarrow, other stuff, etc.
- Re: Fifth notes
- Bleeps, Chirps, Farts, Giggles, and No Blunders!!
- Mooron with s'more on "More on Oompas"
- The Nomenclature Of Nonesuch / End Of The Pier Of The Album
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 38, 27 July 2005:
- Nancarrow, other stuff, etc.
- speaking of zappa...
- RE: Nunsutch
- It's all about the music, isn't it?
- Fifth notes
- In which I acknowledge some deficiencies in knowledge
- On Zappa
- To "e" or not to "e"...
- Time Signatures and Clueless Song Choices
- More on Oompas
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 37, 25 July 2005:
- in:re"Frank Hill"/5
- Dead HIcks
- Re: Where in Frank Hill?
- Bozzio and Bozo
- One "e" too many, or too few
- I'm counting out time...
- Chalkhiller MIA
- The 60's and the 80's, Analogue Rules!!
- Mayor of Simpleton cover song
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 36, 24 July 2005:
- Right Wing Ironic Song Thread
- Be a mensh. Squeeze a koala.
- Great, now I'm going to sing "Frank Hill" to myself the rest of the day
- Re: Elfman's "Charlie" songs
- 5/4, 4/4 etc.
- Re: Danny Elfman
- Re: TB
- XTC items on eBay
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 35, 22 July 2005:
- SC & KFAD
- Ringo 'round the rosey
- Re: Chalkhills: a nearly Tourette's-free zone
- de-lurking for a moment...
- 5/4 and 4/4 Sensitivity:
- More Irony
- Time = Money?
- Birth of the Kildeer
- I'm an embarrassment . . .
- I wonder wonder why?
- Danny Elfman
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 34, 20 July 2005:
- It must have been fate....
- Red Rummer
- FW ... 7 & 8?
- Re: You're So Right
- Wonderfalls on US TV
- Re: Matthew Sweet
- Here Comes the Tourette's!
- Money in 7/4, 5/4 and 4/4 or 28/4
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 33, 18 July 2005:
- shocked & stunned
- Re: Quizzing on My Station Selection....
- Re: Great Drummers
- Richard Lloyd
- Noo moozik
- Chalkhills: a nearly Tourette's-free zone
- Ringo and Sweet
- Return of the Son of The Bride of King for a Day...et al
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 32, 13 July 2005:
- Revolution in the head
- Re: Buhdge
- Everyone alright?
- Great drummers in great bands?
- My nipples explode with delight
- Bitter & Sweet
- Quizzing on My Station Selection....
- I'm a mocker
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 31, 9 July 2005:
- Musicians: technique vs feel
- RE: Ringo
- London attacks
- US Sequence
- Ringo/Sean Altman/P. Hux
- Ringo in the Head
- Come and play in our Brian Wilson sandpit
- Um sodd it
- Andy Partridge
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 30, 7 July 2005:
- The Old Chalkhills
- Friday Night At The Dublin Castle
- Ringo Au Go Go
- Revolution in the Head (was: Ringo)
- Best Band You Never Heard Of
- Puffy Pink Ringo 8
- Re: Ringo / P Hux Responses
- XTC - The Meeting Place 2005
- A Singles Man?
- R-I-N-G-O and Ringo was his name-o
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 29, 4 July 2005:
- Ringo / P Hux Responses
- Looking for Mark Garland re: gaston concert pics
- Ironic Evahflowin'
- Live 8 concert (thank you Sir Bob, and the others)
- ringo rules, but does not rock.
- More Beatles
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 28, 2 July 2005:
- re: P.Hux
- Enter Easter and American Gods
- Re: The Ever Popular Ringo Controversy
- Wonderfalls on UK TV
- Beatle drums
- Re: It's Nearly Africa and other "mash-ups"
- Prague sightning
- Ringo was (a) god
- Michael V and the Beatles
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 27, 28 June 2005:
- XTC sighting on VH1 Classic
- Judee with an E
- Andy in the Guardian
- You won't get over the Hille
- Hot AP action enclosed...
- The Ever Popular Ringo Controversy
- Is There Anyone Receiving Me ?
- XTContent: Of 'Oranges' and Queens
- Exclusive Andy Partridge Interview
- What's This? Michael V Has Something GOOD To Say Re: ELO?
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 26, 17 June 2005:
- Masters of their domain
- Judee Sill
- It's Nearly Africa and other "mash-ups"
- What's New? Veda Hille
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 25, 8 June 2005:
- Well, We're Talkin' 'bout It...
- Re: Order of Their Hedgerows
- O/T: 'Office' reference in "Lost"
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 24, 31 May 2005:
- Re: XTC - Gaston Hall
- Re: Africa Nearly Sampled?
- Dave and Guitargonauts
- XTC spotting - Over the Hedge
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 23, 22 May 2005:
- Re: XTC - Gaston Hall
- Andy Partridge on new Shriekback tracks
- Africa Nearly Sampled?
- Are you waving or just drowning?
- is it new?
- United States Of Erica Promo - It was me!
- Unite-y Snakes of La Wexler
- News on Dave Gregory or Guitargonauts?
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 22, 18 May 2005:
- Kirsty, Kirsty, Kirsty!!
- XTC nosh-up on National Network
- I Think It's About Time!
- United States of Erica
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 21, 11 May 2005:
- Also added, D&W play the IPO 6/8/05
- old news
- RE: Cent Music
- X-sTatiC to play Summer Gigs, Hell freezes over!
- Sauvignon Blanc 2002
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 20, 4 May 2005:
- The World's Slightest Spotting
- Tears for Fears' list of Music You Should Hear
- D & W to play at Canter's, L.A.
- Eight is Enough?
- Two Thumbs up for Go2, way up!
- Veda Hille on APE Records
- White Knuckled Ecstasy
- ENGLISH SETTLEMENT COVER ALTERNATIVE
- Purple Praise
- xtc citing
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 19, 2 May 2005:
- RE: XTC at the Hollywood Bowl
- RE: Pilarimage
- Re: Hot Leathers
- re: neil's missive
- Stars In Battledress
- Next XTC sighting
- Thumbs up for Go2?
- Ol' Grey Whistle.. pause
- And They Love Our Band!
- New XTC compilation release May 3???
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 18, 27 April 2005:
- Re Dogs Die Concert Moment
- XTC at the Hollywood Palladium
- The Beau Brummels
- Re: Further Volumes of Fuzzy Warbles
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 17, 19 April 2005:
- Info on XTC at Hollywood Palladium in 1981?
- Yet another XTC sighting
- XTC items on Ebay
- Little By Little
- Dogs Die Concert Moment
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 16, 12 April 2005:
- Re: April 1
- Last Issue of Chalkhills?
- Eight thumbs (and one claw) up for Purple Burt
- John Fields Forever
- Jimmy Webb and XTC
- Fuzziest Warbles
- Re: band to band/gang of four
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 15, 1 April 2005:
- Fossil Fuel limited edition package
- XTC in Giant Magazine!
- R.I.P. PAUL HESTER.PLUS SOME GREAT STUFF BY TERRY EASON.
- What Makes Prefab Sprout So Great
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 14, 27 March 2005:
- Time magazine, European edition
- Band to Band
- DVD/Video Trade
- chicago radio tour '89
- DDiHC vs. Futureheads, etc.
- Mitch Friedman's PURPLE BURT (featuring Andy and Dave)
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 13, 20 March 2005:
- my top ten
- SFA, Fuzzies etc
- sorry to disturb you, but
- Band to Band
- Love Forever Changes
- Look Who Was Featured On All Music Guide
- Oooh pretty....
- Belated introduction
- Giant Magazine
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 12, 11 March 2005:
- The Big Four
- Re: URGH screening
- apart from look look
- Grouchy as Ever
- Re: New XTC - finally?
- RE: Rare XTC release found?
- XTC Look Look Video for sale on eBay
- Another invitation
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 11, 5 March 2005:
- Dogs & Futureheads
- HELP,PLEASE...I HAVEN'T THE TECHNOLOGY
- Low content - just a "Wahey!"
- Robyn Hitchcock
- Rare XTC release found?
- Captain's Blog Stardate March 2005
- URGH screening
- Desert Island disks
- Great songs
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 10, 28 February 2005:
- North America is dumb
- Gentle Giant? That takes me back.....
- Hunter S. Thompson
- Re: Blogs
- Interesting link
- RE: Blogs
- More fact straightening re: digital downloads
- How to Write an Earworm
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 9, 20 February 2005:
- Re: Satanic Panic
- Facts re: digital downloads officially straightened
- Re: Sufjan anyone?
- XTC Forum "Our Favorite XTC Songs"
- crass self promotion
- Slightly off subject....
- Okay, okay...but only because I can't sleep...
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 8, 14 February 2005:
- Re: Gilligan's Island Discs
- XTC - The Meeting Place - 2005
- Really, can't somebody else handle this one? Okay, okay, I'll be right there...
- On Preferences
- Groundhog Day
- Desert Island Top Ten
- Two Things
- XTC invited on to BBC Radio 2
- List #32
- Lurker DIDs
- 2004 Best Of
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 7, 10 February 2005:
- (something) of age...
- desert island discs (revisited)
- promoting independent artists' MP3s
- xtc live video
- The Futureheads
- Indie Artists ..
- A round up of oldies, moldies and goldies
- RE: Desert Island Discs
- La La Londinium
- Oh goody! Lists!
- Who are their favourite artists
- Last of my CD collection
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 6, 3 February 2005:
- Re: Thanks for Christmas
- promoting independent artists' MP3s
- DAVE SMITH IS ACE!
- ROCK N ROLL
- Brion Shmion (is that how you'd spell it?)
- RE: 2004 Worthy Releases
- Who are their favorite artists?
- Re: Desert Island Collection
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 5, 27 January 2005:
- Re: Thanks for Christmas
- Too late for Hanuramakwanstice
- John "Strawberry" Fields
- Are You Re: Quizzing Me?
- using the Jon
- Desert Island Collection
- Two great bands
- Other worthy releases from late 2004
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 4, 21 January 2005:
- UK XTC Convention
- Look Look Explained Explained
- Chalkhills of Ideas
- Re: LookLook Cover
- A Quick Note Re Editorial Decisions and Jon Brion, Year End List
- XTC covers addition
- My XTC Tribute band
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 3, 19 January 2005:
- Andy's Army
- Look Look cover
- XTC on iTunes
- next uk convention...plus
- Dukes on Le Show
- Tanks for Christmas
- Faithfully Brion
- re: coincidences
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 2, 14 January 2005:
- RE: Oh Happy Day
- Re: Top Ten of Twenty Ought Four
- Mommyheads Mania
- XTC LOOK LOOK VIDEO FOR SALE
Chalkhills, Volume 11, Number 1, 6 January 2005:
- Top Albums and Songs of 2004
- Mommyheads, Bowlermen
- Top Ten Again
- 2004 releases
- another Top 10
- O Happy Day
- 2004 CD-wise
Go back to The Chalkhills Digest.
3 January 2019