Errors-To: owner-chalkhills@chalkhills.org
Reply-To: chalkhills@chalkhills.org
Sender: owner-chalkhills@chalkhills.org
Precedence: bulk
From: Chalkhills <owner-chalkhills@chalkhills.org>
To: chalkhills@chalkhills.org
Subject: Chalkhills Digest #18-10


         Chalkhills Digest, Volume 18, Number 10

                   Friday, 11 May 2012

Topics:

                Wing Beat Fantastic update
           Reply to Michelle Brown Reyes Smith.
                        Re: Colin
                 Andy in Blur 21 box set.

Administrivia:

    To UNSUBSCRIBE from the Chalkhills mailing list, send a message to
    <chalkhills-request@chalkhills.org> with the following command:

        unsubscribe

    For all other administrative issues, send a message to:

        <chalkhills-request@chalkhills.org>

    Please remember to send your Chalkhills postings to:

        <chalkhills@chalkhills.org>

    World Wide Web: <http://chalkhills.org/>

    The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors.

    Chalkhills is compiled with Digest 3.8f (John Relph <relph@tmbg.org>).

Ah, you've got to have a hobby.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 18:42:52 -0400 (EDT)
From: "sgot@busydigits.net" <sgot@busydigits.net>
Subject: Wing Beat Fantastic update
Message-ID: <1133677139.655064.1335220972738.JavaMail.open-xchange@email.1and1.com>

Chalkfolkers,

From the latest edition of The Keneallist, the Mike Keneally newsletter:

" Checking in to say howdy and let you know that Iave been back hard at
work on the new album, Wing Beat Fantastic... [snip] So now Iam bearing
down hard on Wing Beat and I will not lift my head until it is complete.
(Brief recap: this is the album based around a group of songs Iave
co-written with the extraordinary Andy Partridge.) During the last year of
working on this Iave generated a bunch of material, more than makes sense
for a single CD, so there will be a special edition featuring a second
album called The Cavanaugh Chronicles (unless I decide to call it something
else a" but there will definitely be a second album). More soon about all of
this!"

Hope all's well in your realm,

Scott Nuckles

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 12:21:59 +0200
From: Per <peraronsson@telia.com>
Subject: Reply to Michelle Brown Reyes Smith.
Message-ID: <F989C1BE-75CC-4EEF-8B36-485C673D2681@telia.com>

In the Chalkhils newsletter from April 15 you say you are very angry at Andy
"for the whole state of affairs" and that Colin deserves much more. I
suppose you mean that Andy have done bad things against Colin and that Mr
Moulding don't get enough credit for his work.

I have to ask. Do you have inside information about how things work in the
XTC camp? Do you know how Andy and Colin interact with each other? Do you
know the true personality of Andy? Of Colin? Their pros and cons?

I mean, you have to know things like that to be certain what goes on. You
judge Andy very harsh. But do you really know enough to do that? Maybe there
are things that you don't know anything about that would totally change what
you think is true? Things are not always as you think, my dear...

I have seen it before, this pointing out Andy as the bad guy while Colin is
the poor victim. But it is always from people that think they know but
actually know nothing or very little.

Fact is that Andy always have been the driving force in the band. Without
him neither Dave or Colin would had a career as pop stars. You can think
what you will of that statement but you can't deny it's true. And yes, they
are both vital for the band, of course. But accusing Andy in sweeping terms
is very unfair after all he have done through the years.

We all know that Andy loves to talk so that's why he usually do the
interviews. Fact is also that Colin choose not to be as prolific. But is
that because of any wrong doings by Andy? I don't know because I don't know
Colin. But I suspect it has to do with that he don't enjoy the spotlight.

Michelle, don't be angry. Hopefully you can keep on enjoying the music of
XTC without spreading baseless rumors.

Cheers from Sweden.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 06:51:16 -0400
From: Christopher Coolidge <cauldron@together.net>
Subject: Re: Colin
Message-ID: <FF6E8A5C-ADB8-4586-BE1B-B2942FDA6A7A@together.net>

We all miss Colin's input but the fact is he's voluntarily chosen to
retire from the music business. Considering that he wrote a lot of
XTC's best known songs that still get airplay today, he may have
decided he makes enough from being a stained glass artisan combined
with back royalties that he doesn't need to record another note of
music again. Sad but it's his life to live.

On Apr 25, 2012, at 4:59 PM, WK wrote:

> Michelle,
>
> I don't think that Andy has ever slighted Colin's contribution to
> XTC and recognizes that the band wouldn't have truly existed without
> him (to the point that he didn't continue on as XTC WITHOUT Colin).
>
> Whatever their personal issues are, Andy can be a pretty driven
> person and always wants to be in charge to some degree (I've always
> thought that Andy had a typical passive-aggressive personality from
> all the stuff I've read, when I interviewed him, etc.).
>
> I'm perplexed as to the point of your post truly was.
>
> WK

My Internet Radio Station, Guerilla Music
http://www.live365.com/stations/336124

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 15:14:43 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
From: Brian Rich <brianrich1000@earthlink.net>
Subject: Andy in Blur 21 box set.
Message-ID: <5247179.1335381284239.JavaMail.root@elwamui-darkeyed.atl.sa.earthlink.net>

Don't know if this is old news but I was looking over the track list
for 'Blur 21' at blur.co.uk and on disk 16 there are three songs
credited as 'the Andy Partridge version'.
'Coping'
'Sunday sleep'
'7 days'

It would be an interesting listen into what might have been.
-Brian

------------------------------

End of Chalkhills Digest #18-10
*******************************

Go back to the previous page.